I've been seeing fun DIY things w/ pallets all over Pinterest, and finally got around to doing my own :)
I didn't take photos along the way, so this won't be a photo tutorial, but the steps are pretty simple.
- Find an old pallet and clean it up
- Stain or paint the pallet your desired color. (I stained mine w/ a pickling stain)
- Use a cricut to cut out the letters/designs on a heavy paper of your choice. (I have a generous friend who let me use her cricut! These machines are truly amazing! I don't even want to think about how long it would have taken me to paint, stencil, or cut out the letters by hand!)
- Use mod podge and a foam brush to glue the letters to the pallet. The method that worked best for me, was to sponge some glue where i wanted the letter, place the letter on the glue, and then sponge over the letter until it was flat agains the board and stayed put nicely.
- Once all your letters/designs are in place and the glue has dried, go over the entire face of the pallet w/ mod podge to give the finished product and nice even look :)
See, simple :)
Now i just need to figure out what i want to hang on either side of it