Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day :)

Sunday was such a special day for me...for the first time in my life, i was a mother on Mother's Day. I'm not really sure how to describe the feeling...i just had such a sense of blessing and joy :)
I've been given a beautiful little girl to poor my love into, and i'm looking forward to every single year that i have with her!

My mom sent me a sweet e-mail w/ a quote about being a mom and a wife from Alyssa Anne at resolved2worship. She said, "It's not anything special or fancy or fashionable but it makes me excited to do what I can with what I have and do it to the best of my ability to bless my husband and family." 
What a beautiful calling :)

Sunday morning my sweet husband made me french toast w/ wild Canadian blueberries :)
At church my little beauty gave me pink and white carnations.
After church, Dave took us to the park to enjoy a picnic lunch that he had prepared. 
The day was gorgeous! We sat on some park benches, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the lunch packed with love. And then we played tennis.
It was perfect :)

Just a few pictures from the day:

mother and daughter 



Brighton hangin' out, stickin' her toesies in the sun while mom and dad played tennis.
We didn't quite get a whole match in before she got fussy, but it was fun :)
I hope we do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't ever comment on your blog, but I do read and love every single entry. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete